Monday 23 April 2012

Chocolate!

I had a great day on Saturday at the Bristol Sugar Madness Day.  Many thanks to Gill for organising, and for inviting me to demonstrate.  I hope everyone enjoyed my patterned paste techniques.

The other demonstrator was Mark Willis, 'Modelling Mark' to those of you who belong to the BSG and an amazingly talented chocolatier.  So after seeing his moulded chocolates demonstration, I thought I'd have a go.

I have a shoe mould for making sugar shoes, and following his instructions I placed some spots of oloured cocoa butter in the mould, tempered the choolate and poured it in.  Next time I'll take photos of the steps to show you.  After a couple of minutes, I poured the excess chocolate away and stepped away from the mould.

The result?  Well, I'm quite pleased with - and I know how I'll make it better next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment